BE THE CHANGE
The Forum of Fellows, consisting of all Omidyar Fellows, is a collective of Hawaiʻi-based leaders committed to working together towards a shared vision for our island home.
The Forum of Fellows mission is to strengthen the well-being of Hawaiʻi — its people, communities, and natural ecosystems — through the practice of unified servant leadership and the recognition of our individual and collective kuleana to generations past, present, and future.
The vision for the Forum of Fellows is that of a vibrant network of courageous leaders who take risks to address vexing societal problems, model accountable leadership with aloha, and support one another to improve the quality of life in Hawaiʻi.
As a Fellow, you have opportunities to participate in Forum learning workshops, collaborate with other Fellows, and utilize supports upon acceptance into the Omidyar Fellows program. You become a fully active member of the Forum of Fellows after completing the curriculum phase.
Aloha ʻĀina - To uphold a healthy and balanced relationship between human and natural environment.
Aloha Kekahi i Kekahi - To nurture the quality of our relationships with others through reciprocity of kindness, empathy, respect, and support.
ʻImi Naʻauao - To seek knowledge, be curious to what we do not know, and open to new or different ideas and perspectives.
ʻAuamo Kuleana - To recognize and act towards collective transformation through individual excellence.
As members of the Forum of Fellows, we commit with humility to:
- take risks and reach beyond our comfort zone to benefit the greater good
- speak our truth and listen to understand the truth of others
- take on difficult conversations when they are needed
- be accountable for the impact of our words and actions
- embrace and encourage diversity in perspectives, bridge differences, and seek common ground even when agreement seems out of reach
- stay involved in Forum of Fellows activities after our individual Cohort experiences conclude
- share resources and bridge efforts to include the greater community whenever possible