The Omidyar Fellows program spans 15 months; it starts with pre-convening activities before the class’s kick-off retreat and includes ongoing involvement beyond completion.
The curriculum includes a full-day session once a month (with the exception of a two-month window during which individual learning excursions will take place). One-on-one coaching will occur between sessions and mentoring opportunities for Fellows will be developed in partnership with their coaches. Participants will be expected to complete reading, writing, and other study/exercises, as well. The total time commitment will be approximately 15 hours per month:
- Pre-reading or other materials review, writing, etc. (4-6 hrs.)
- Full-day session (7 hrs.)
- Evening session: Conversation with a Leader (2 hrs.)
- Coaching session (1-2 hrs.)
The learning process begins even before the first class meets, enabling Fellows to embark on the experience with a high degree of individual attention.
Program activities prior to the first session include:
- Program overview and clarification of expectations
- Introduction with professional coach
- MBTI leadership style inventory
- Development of professional goals
- Preparation for the kick-off
The formal program is just the beginning of a lifelong commitment by Omidyar Fellows to make a positive difference with the knowledge and network gained and to help subsequent generations of emerging leaders. As a result of the investment by the Omidyar Fellows program, Fellows will be prepared to stay involved and build an active and vibrant alumni community that will grow in size, in reach, and in cumulative impact for the benefit of Hawaii