The Omidyar Fellows program is a commitment that spans much more than the initial 15 months and much deeper than a simple leadership development program. At the end of the first 15 months and after commencement, there is an expected continuing engagement with one another as members of the cohort move into the Forum of Fellows.
The curriculum includes a full-day session once a month (with the exception of a two-month window during which individual learning excursions will take place). One-on-one coaching will occur between sessions, as scheduled by Fellows and their Coaches. Participants will be expected to complete reading, writing, and other study/exercises, as well. The total time commitment will be approximately 15 hours per month:
- Pre-reading or other materials review, writing, etc. (4-6 hrs.)
- Full-day session (8 hrs.)
- Evening session: Conversation with a Leader (2 hrs.)
- Coaching session (1 hr.)
The learning process begins even before the first class meets, enabling Fellows to embark on the experience with a high degree of individual attention.
Program activities prior to the first session include:
- Program overview and clarification of expectations
- Introduction with professional coach
- MBTI leadership style inventory
- Development of professional goals
- Preparation for the kick-off