Hawai‘i Leadership Forum is currently hiring for an Administrative Associate.
The Hawai‘i Leadership Forum (HLF) is dedicated to advancing leadership in and for Hawai‘i. It serves as a catalyst and convener for initiatives that improve leadership throughout the state and views leadership development as an essential ingredient for Hawai‘i’s future.
HLF’s cornerstone program, Omidyar Fellows, seeks to cultivate the conditions in which Hawai‘i thrives by equipping leaders with the skills and cross-sector relationships necessary to collectively affect societal change. The program is comprised of a 15-month curriculum and a commitment to a vibrant, intentional Network—the Forum of Fellows.
We are seeking an organized, collaborative team player who will provide administrative, clerical, and logistical support for HLF activities, including the Omidyar Fellows program. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining facilities.
This is a full-time position based at the downtown Honolulu office of Hawaiʻi Leadership Forum. The administrative associate will report to the producer.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
Duties related to this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide clerical support, including editing, formatting, printing, filing, scanning, and note-taking
- Serve as front desk receptionist, including greeting guests, answering calls, and receiving and preparing mail
- Create and maintain master spreadsheets, calendars, directories, inventories, and rosters
- Coordinate and calendar in-person and virtual meetings and events for staff and others
- Prepare documents for meetings and sessions
- Follow up with Fellows and vendors on outstanding items
- Create surveys and polls
- Arrange travel and lodging for neighbor island Fellows and others
- Assist at HLF events
- Assist with website updates
- Receive, monitor, and prepare invoices for payment
- Handle petty cash
Operations & Facilities:
- Handle logistics for functions at HLF office, including catering and meeting space setup
- Coordinate and maintain meeting room reservations system and usage
- Maintain, order, and replenish supplies, including parking validation
- Provide upkeep and coordination of repairs and maintenance of office and technology equipment
- Act as point of contact for building management company for tenant notices and requests
- Lives on Oʻahu
- Ability to work in the office during normal office hours; although the position may require flexible hours for scheduled events
- Reliable, flexible, and self-motivated, with high-level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to retain details and apply critical thinking to projects and tasks
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new technology
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and great sense of humor
- Belief in HLF values and mission, and drive to see it through
- Experience as an administrative assistant
- Working knowledge of WordPress websites, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, Google Docs
- Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds readily and without causing undue physical stress
Click here to download a PDF version of this job description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and application at the link below by Tuesday, July 20, 2021. No phone calls please.