Be the change
The Forum of Fellows, consisting of all Omidyar Fellows, is a collective of Hawaiʻi-based leaders committed to working together towards a shared vision for our island home.
The Forum of Fellows mission is to strengthen the well-being of Hawaiʻi—its people, communities, and natural ecosystems—through the practice of unified servant leadership and the recognition of our individual and collective kuleana to generations past, present, and future.
The vision for the Forum of Fellows is that of a vibrant network of courageous leaders who take risks to address vexing societal problems, model accountable leadership with aloha, and support one another to improve the quality of life in Hawaiʻi.
Upon acceptance into the program, Fellows are given opportunities to participate in Forum learning workshops, collaborate with Fellows from other Cohorts, and utilize supports to aid their endeavors for creating positive change. After completing the curriculum phase of the program, they become fully active members of the Forum of Fellows.
This ongoing and enduring element of the Omidyar Fellows program fosters further collaboration and continues to equip Fellows with skills and supports that enable them to improve the quality of life for Hawai‘i's residents.
Forum of Fellows Values
Aloha ʻĀina - to uphold a healthy and balanced relationship between human and natural environment
Aloha Kekahi i Kekahi - to nurture the quality of our relationships with others through reciprocity of kindness, empathy, respect, and support
ʻImi Naʻauao - to seek knowledge, be curious to what we do not know, and open to new or different ideas and perspectives
ʻAuamo Kuleana - to recognize and act towards collective transformation through individual excellence
Members of the Forum of Fellows commit with humility to:
- Take risks and reach beyond their comfort zone to benefit the greater good
- Speak their truth and listen to understand the truth of others
- Take on difficult conversations when they are needed
- Be accountable for the impact of their words and actions
- Embrace and encourage diversity in perspectives, bridge differences, and seek common ground even when agreement seems out of reach
- Share resources and bridge efforts to include the greater community whenever possible
- Stay involved in Forum of Fellows activities after their individual Cohort experiences conclude