Be the Change
Fellows have access to a variety of supports to foster continued leadership and aid endeavors for creating broad and durable improvements across Hawai‘i.
Supports for Projects
The following supports are provided based on the project’s type of impact, scope and scale, project lead capacity and commitment, and the current context and landscape for project readiness and urgency.
- Coaching – Fellows and their teams can receive coaching that builds upon momentum and optimizes their path to success.
- Project Planning & Project Management – Fellows can work with a project manager to identify objectives, scope their projects, and develop action plans.
- Systems Thinking & Systems Mapping Facilitation – Project teams can receive coaching in systems practice to help tackle complex challenges; the practice helps teams gain clarity, find leverage points of change where actions are more likely to have greater impacts, and inform strategy for collective impact efforts.
- Consults with Content Experts – Fellows can sign up for a one-time, private coaching session with an external content specialist who can provide expertise and guidance; content-area expertise includes behavioral science, systems thinking, navigating large systems, and strategic communications.
- SMALLIFY – Facilitated by Dave Viotti, SMALLIFY offers coaching, facilitation, and capacity building to Fellows and their teams, and opportunities for community-centered innovation prototyping and team-building that help identify goals, scope challenges, take action, and implement solutions.
- Seed Funding – Fellows are eligible for seed funding to help start or support existing impact projects.
These supports are available to all Fellows.
- Forum of Fellows Network – Fellows can call upon other Fellows for advice, kōkua, and to collaborate on an impact effort.
- Connections & Referrals to Other Omidyar Group Affiliates – Fellows can get personal introductions to other Omidyar Group organizations, such as Hawai‘i Data Collaborative.
- Continued Learning & Skill Development – Fellows stay engaged through quarterly workshops and gatherings to accelerate their impact and effectiveness; for select sessions, Fellows may invite guests from their team or network.
- Summit – In even-numbered years, the Forum of Fellows convenes over three days to focus on galvanizing the Forum’s collective impact through deepening relationships and collaborations, offering time and space to work on impact efforts, and purposeful learning and reflection.
- Neighbor Island Fellow Travel Stipend – Fellows who reside on neighbor islands can receive a stipend to cover select travel expenses for designated Omidyar Fellows activities on O‘ahu.
- Cohort Gathering Stipend – Cohorts can receive a stipend to cover select costs to connect and convene for a social and/or learning gathering.
- Transitions Support – Those facing leadership transitions such as moving from an organization or changing careers can receive executive coaching or StrengthsFinder coaching.
- HLF Lending Library – Fellows can access more than 100 books on leadership, including books written by Fellows.
- Organizational Resource Library – Fellows can access HLF’s vast collection of resource documents on topics such as difficult conversations, hiring and interviewing, and facilitation.
- Meeting Spaces and the Co+Lab – Fellows can reserve HLF conference rooms to hold meetings and workshops. They also have access to the Co+Lab, a co-working and collaborative space for Fellows.